Canadian Visitor Visa | Herr Law Group

Visitor Visas: What are Your Options for Canada?

Do you want to know your eligibility for the Canadian Visitor Visa?

Call us or take less than a minute to fill our Online Assessment.

Within 24 hours of your request, one of our immigration specialists will contact you to schedule a phone or Skype consultation.

Start Your Online Assessment

Or Call Us: +1 (604) 372-0499

Do you want to visit Canada? Travel to beautiful places, visit tourist sites, family members and friends? A visitor visa allows foreign nationals like yourself to enter Canada as a visitor.

Whether you are an international student looking to study, a temporary worker looking to work, or visiting for tourism, you are required to apply for a visitor visa for your temporary stay in Canada.

What are the Different Types of Visitor Visas?

A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) authorizes you to enter Canada as a temporary resident. If you are from a visa-exempt country, then you don’t need to apply for a TRV.

The TRV is also referred to as a “Visitor Visa”

There are 2 different types of visitor visas:

A single entry visa allows you to travel to Canada once during the validity period.

A multiple-entry visa can be issued for a maximum period of 10 years or 1 month before the expiry date on your passport, whichever is earlier.

The multiple-entry visa allows you to re-enter Canada as many times as you want during the validity period.

The maximum period of stay allowed for a visitor is 6 months from the date of arrival.

Who is Eligible for a Visitor Visa?

To be eligible as a visitor in Canada, you must fulfill the following conditions:

  • Have a valid travel document
  • Demonstrate sufficient ties to your home country or country of residence
  • Have enough funds to support your stay
  • Be in good health
  • Not be inadmissible for reasons such as criminal activity, human rights violations or other security reasons

The length of stay allowed is restricted to various conditions. Citizens of certain countries might need to provide biometric information in order to confirm identity, review past crimes or previous challenges with Canadian immigration.

What are the Different Options Available for Visitor Visas?

You can apply for a visitor visa in the following capacities:

Study Permit: A study permit authorizes you to get enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada as an international student.

Super Visa: The Super Visa is specially designed for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents who wish to visit family for an extended period. A Super Visa allows them to stay in Canada for up to 2 years without the need for any extensions.

Business Visitor: A Business Visitor can visit Canada to engage in business activities that do not directly contribute to the Canadian labor market. A Business Visitor Visa allows you to expand your business network and attend business conferences or events.

Temporary Residence for World Athletes and Related Occupations: Canadian temporary visa requirements for world athletes, coaches, referees and related occupations depend on the purpose of their visit.

Visitor Record Extension: Extending your visitor visa authorizes you to extend your stay in Canada beyond the authorized period. A visitor record will provide you a new expiry date for your departure. Extensions should be applied for 30 days before the expiry of your current authorized stay.

Visa Extension: Visa extensions may be required for study permit and work permit holders who have an expired or expiring visa. A study permit or work permit will allow the holder to remain in Canada until the date indicated on their document. However, a new visa will facilitate travel in and out of Canada.

Temporary Travel Document: Canada issues a temporary travel document to permanent residents who have lost their PR card or do not have a valid PR card and want to return to Canada. They must verify their identity and fulfill residency obligations to be eligible. A permanent resident travel document (PRTD) is valid for a single entry and allows you to enter Canada by a commercial vehicle.

What are the Requirements for a Visitor Visa?

If you are looking to enter Canada and you are not a permanent resident or from a visa-exempt country, you are required to have a visitor visa. Visa-exempt nationals may still be required to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Only Canadian citizens and permanent residents can enter Canada without a visitor visa.

Depending on the purpose of your visit, you may have to apply for different forms of the visitor visa. For example, if you are coming to Canada for business purposes, then you may need a Business Visitor Visa.


Why Start with My Visa Source with a Free Online Assessment?

Congratulations on taking your first step towards the Visitor Visa process in Canada.

Immigration lawyers at Herr Law Group dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.

Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for Canada, including global immigration.

Partnering with an award-winning immigration team greatly increases the likelihood of achieving your specific immigration or visa goals.

Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.

Begin Your Application for a Visitor Visa Today!

Securing personalized legal help is quick and simple. Begin with our one-minute online immigration assessment form or call us toll-free at 1-604-372-0499.

We have a dedicated team of licensed professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions. We’ve been helping people from over 120 countries for over a decade and can help you too.

Book a personal consultation to speak with an award-winning immigration lawyer either in person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.

We’re open 6am-9pm PST & EST, 7 days a week and are ready for in person, phone, and video consultations.

Looking for advice? Not sure where to start?
Contact us and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.

Get in touch